I am sending along info on three of our Coalition's key priorities and our member groups' activism around them in conjunction with a statewide call-in day TODAY for Safe Communities. These bills must be reported favorably out of committee by Feb. 7 in order to have a chance of passing this legislative session.
Please relay to your group networks. Let's ring our legislators' phones all day long!
For easy forwarding, here's a summary of the action steps:
1. Call your state rep and senator - find their contact info here
2. Identify yourself as a constituent (provide your address to add constituency credibility!)
3. Ask your legislator to urge Committee Chairs and House Leadership to prioritize getting the following bills out of committee:
- Safe Communities Act (SCA)(S.1305/H.3269) - the strongest action MA can take to push back against Trump's inhumane immigration policies, which will prevent state public safety officials from assisting ICE in detaining innocent members of our community.
- Climate Action Now's 5 priority bills to combat climate change (H. 2700, H. 3400, H. 3396, H. 2913, H. 2149). You can read more about these bills here
- Automatic Voter Registration Act (S373) Click here for more info on the TWITTER STORM slated for TODAY, 1/31, 1-3 pm.